This material discusses personal injury law and ICBC claims, specifically. The information is not intended as an alternative to seeking independent legal advice about your issues.

If you have been involved in an accident, there are numerous considerations from the start.

1. If you have a had a motor vehicle accident, then contact ICBC. Simply ‘report’ the accident; but do NOT make a ‘statement’ without consulting a personal injury lawyer. The number for Dial-A-Claim is (604) 520-8222, and obtain your claim number. Please follow all prompts.

2. Visit your primary care physician. Your physician should perform an examination and may refer to you to a physiotherapist, specialist or chiropractor.

3. Contact your personal injury lawyer. Your claim can be severely impacted by any forms of communication between you and the insurer. Preserve your rights and contact a personal injury lawyer immediately. If you have had a motor vehicle accident, tell your lawyer whether ICBC is involved. Your personal injury lawyer will assist you in drafting statements and assembling the proper documentation for your claim.

© Edwards and Company

©Edwards & Company